Any place that sells cars has to have security guards. There are a lot of people in car lots. Also, they are full to the brim with expensive items. Any person who wanted to break in would find empty cars easy and tempting to break into.
But many people are surprised to learn that thefts at car lots don’t only happen at night. Most thefts at car dealerships happen during the day when there are a lot of employees around and the business is open. But people who work at car dealerships have jobs to do, and one of them shouldn’t be worried about the safety of their workplace. Car dealership security guards can keep an eye on what’s going on in and around your car dealership around the clock to keep thieves and vandals away and keep your business running smoothly.
Auto/Car/Truck/Vehicle Dealership Security Services
Car Dealerships Theft
Cars are driven into and out of car dealership lots all day long. Usually, a temporary driver and a worker from the car dealership are in the car at all times. However, it is always possible for very smart thieves to steal a brand-new car in the middle of the day. Some dealerships also have the unfortunate experience of hiring people whose only job is to help other people steal stuff from the lot while they are at work.
Tires, wheels, catalytic converters, and other parts of cars that may be kept in a certain part of the dealership or left unattended in the auto body shop are often stolen. This is a problem that many dealerships have to deal with, even in places where car theft is not common. There are a lot of computers and other pieces of technology in the dealership that give information about customers, their financial plans, details about purchases, and company data. This puts proprietary information at risk. A theft doesn’t have to be the size of a car to be considered significant.
Car Dealership Security After-Hours & Night Shift
Unless you have a gated or guarded car dealership, you should expect to see a fair number of people “window shopping” on your lots after hours. Most of the time, these people want to buy a car, but they just want to look at the products and prices without feeling rushed by a salesperson or overwhelmed by other buyers. But sometimes, thieves look through a dealership for the shadier spots where they can do their dirty work and get away with the goods they want. Most of an auto dealer’s stock is usually outside, where thieves can try to steal it.
Having a security guard on site after hours is a great way to keep thieves and vandals away. Not only can a security guard identify a person if they are acting strangely, but they can also greet and acknowledge the presence of anyone on the lot, whether they are a shopper or a criminal. A car dealership can protect its investment from all kinds of threats to its business, such as attempts at theft, bad weather, and vandals who want to do serious damage to a successful business.
Why Does Your Dealership Need Experienced Security Guards?
Most of the time, just seeing a security guard on the property is enough to keep thieves from trying to steal from a car dealership.
A security guard can help keep your property and inventory safe, but he or she can also do other things that are good for an auto dealer’s bottom line. For example, he or she can:
- Keeping track of unusual things happening around the dealership, looking for patterns, telling the right people about bad things happening, and taking action.
- Finding, evaluating, and dealing with possible threats quickly is usually enough to stop criminal activity before any damage is done or theft is made.
- Putting up good deterrents for criminals, like strobe lights, alarms, or loud announcements.
- Providing peace of mind that the dealership will be taken care of during and after business hours
Other anti-theft security measures by METRO auto dealership security guards can also include:
- Patrolling the auto dealership premises by foot, bicycle, cart, or vehicle.
- Keeping track of who comes to the dealership, what comes in, and what goes out.
- Keeping an eye on the most valuable supplies and inventory.
- Monitoring after-hours entrances and exits and, if necessary, securing them against after-hours shoppers or intruders.
- Routinely inspecting the dealership and its perimeter for security breaches.
- Keep an eye out for unusual dealership visitors or suspicious activity.
- Developing daily security reports
Robberies, burglaries, and heists can happen easily at car dealerships, especially big ones in remote areas.
“Inside jobs” are another major problem in the business of selling cars.
Dealerships are often the target of more serious crimes that happen late at night or when business is slow. Therefore, a security management program is so important.
The goal of METRO Security Guard Company is to offer security solutions that are tailored to your specific auto dealership.
If you are looking for a professional security guard company to protect your auto dealership with: